Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: hair curls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just curious whether any of you have ever used the AG curlers to curl a doll's hair, besides Samantha and Molly, and how it looked? I curled Samantha's hair last night, which is why I thought of it, but I've never done Josefina's. I was also thinking Kirsten might look cute with curls.

    Aim?e

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I curled Addys hair and because her hair is textered it kinda looks like dreedlocks (sp?) and like a big spider head.
    Tracy

  3. #3
    lovingamericangirl
    Guest lovingamericangirl's Avatar

    Post

    Tracy,
    I was able to do dreadlock type braids on Mariah (Addy). It was long and boring, braiding all that time but I did it! I have refreshed the curls on my curly haired AGOT.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Siobhan,
    Just spray a small section of hair, fold one of those little papers around the hair, put a roller under the section of hair, and roll it up as close to the head as you want. Continue until all her hair is in curlers. Then you have to wait overnight for it to dry. It really works pretty well, but I find that the curls don't last for more than a few brushings.
    I'll put a picture of Samantha's newly curled hair on my website when I get a chance.

    Aim?e

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried to curl a Gotz Little Sister's hair (I believe they have the same hair material), using a water spritzer and rag curlers (strips of rags). I left the hair up for three months, and not a bit of curl took--what little it did brushed right out. Do you think it helps if the doll has textured hair to begin with (such as Samantha and Addy)? I was originally going to turn the doll into an Irish step dancer (with the traditional curls), but thankfully she makes a nice Anne of Green Gables and doesn't need curls. [img]wink.gif[/img] I also tried to curl an AG's hair before--I can't remember who, but my guess is Molly or my Asian AGT. It didn't work, either. But that's OK with Molly since we already know from her books that her hair never takes curl well. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 09, 2003 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member siochembio's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    do the hair rollers work? I have a Samantha with stick-straight hair, and I'd love to re-introduce her curls. Is there anything special you need to do?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member southern_belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've curled Samantha's hair, but never with the official AG curlers. I just used regular old sponge rollers. I spritzed her hair with water and then rolled it up and left the curlers in until they dried. The curls always came out well and lasted for a good while.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Steam will help the curl "take"... Warm water is just not hot enough...

    Taffy

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I couldn't get the curls to set right on any of my dolls, especially my AGOT. I could get a couple waves, but after slight movement, all was gone. [img]frown.gif[/img] Oh well, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •